Good advisory services are often not affordable to Croatian SMEs, or they are perceived – rightly or wrongly – as too expensive when compared to the benefits they can bring. Besides, consultancy firms are obviously concentrated in big cities and are not easily accessible to SMEs from remote locations and disadvantaged regions. With the EU accession, Croatia became part of a market of 500 million consumers, where Croatian enterprises can freely sell their products and offer their services. But at the same time they are fully exposed to the competition from other EU member state companies, including on Croatia’s domestic market.
The SMEPASS II project offers the following advisory services in Marketing & Product Development
- Sales and marketing audit: How does your company perform in the market compared to your competitors?
- Market Analysis – Understand your markets (possibly as a service for all companies from the same sector) including training on how to conduct market research.
- Practical Marketing Plans to steer sales and marketing activities: How to defend and expand your home market or how to enter EU and other international markets.
- Branding: Develop and build your own brand (including basic identity system). Design/review basic promotional material to address target customer segments.
- E-Commerce & Websites: Build/develop your website to become a marketing and sales tool. Use the internet to find customers and to offer your product/services.
- Export Readiness Analysis and Plan: Find out what you need to do to become ready for export?
- International sales promotion and marketing services: Strategy how to become an exporter. Strategic partner search (matchmaking) for exporting & international business development including support in negotiations with new partners.
- Product Development: Does your product portfolio require new products or product rejuvenation? Your company´s capability assessment vs. identification of market needs; introduction of innovation management into your products and/or processes.