Good advisory services are often not affordable to Croatian SMEs, or they are perceived – rightly or wrongly – as too expensive when compared to the benefits they can bring. Besides, consultancy firms are obviously concentrated in big cities and are not easily accessible to SMEs from remote locations and disadvantaged regions. With the EU accession, Croatia became part of a market of 500 million consumers, where its enterprises can freely sell their products and offer their services. But at the same time they are fully exposed to the competition from other EU member state companies, including on Croatia’s domestic market.
The SMEPASS II project offers the following advisory services in Quality Assurance
- Quality Audit: How does your company’s quality compare to competitors and (target) market requirements? Which improvements are required in the company’s systems, processes etc. to overcome quality gaps (Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats)?
- Basic Quality Control Management: design and training.
- Compliance with EU Regulations: Assessment of compliance with EU regulations and development of management systems aimed to satisfy compulsory/regulatory requirements, e.g. CE marking, HACCP. Development of an Action Plan to comply with regulations.
- Development of Quality Management Systems e.g. IFS protocol required by French and German food retail chains.
- Preparation of Continuous Improvement Oriented Systems e.g. ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, ISO/TS 16949 Quality Management Systems in the Automotive Sector, ISO 27000 Information Security Management and others.
- Total Quality Management (TQM) concept design and introduction (training)